Starting with the belief that people grow, develop, and evolve into their unique selves in the presence of other people, the Recovery Community program is a Community Connections' supportive housing and case management program that seeks to create intentional, safe, relationship-centered communities of residents.
Clinical Case Manager and Housing Coordinator Responsibilities:
direct supportive case management services to residents who live independently
in a variety of building styles including shared houses or congregate
residents (individually and in groups) to enhance healthy relationships, become
active participants in a supportive community, and develop the ability to heal
from the impacts of mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, homelessness,
discrimination, and poverty.
cross-teaming and inter-agency efforts to support residents with maintaining
housing, income stability, and enhancing overall wellness.
Clinical Case Manager and Housing Coordinator Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related human service field (Masters Degree in Social Work or Counseling with DC LGSW or LGPC preferred)
- Three years minimum of experience delivering case management services with adults with serious mental illness in residential settings
- Along with a passion for preventing homelessness and commitment in promoting community development, ideal candidates will also have demonstrated; aptitude for community-based crisis work, ability to utilize a range of clinical interventions including exceptional care coordination and teaming practices, reliability with balancing clinical and administrative documentation associated with service delivery.
- Pass Community Connections’ agency background check
- Have a personal car and clean driving record, as most of the work is done in the community and can involve transporting consumers
- Supervision towards LICSW or LPC
- Opportunities to earn CEUs
- PTO (vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement for eligible employees
Interested qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to the attention of Sanique Lyn, Program Manager at Slyn@ccdc1.org. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.