Case Management Positions: Community Connections seeks energetic, experienced case management professionals to join our anti-poverty mission. We have several positions within the Community Impact Department focused on in-community supportive services for youth (18-24) and veterans, workforce development and homeless in-community outreach. Each position will have to benefit of reporting to an experienced manager and working with dynamic and diverse team on socially impactful issues related to housing and income. New members to the Community Impact team can expect to receive on-the-job training n housing and homelessness support, coordination and intervention practices for adults, veterans and youth (18-24) as well as annual trainings required by the program contract. Team members will have an opportunity to express their views and give suggestions to influence policy related to the services we provide.
Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Conduct program intake assessments.
- Coordinate services and resources vital to the success of the individual.
- Document interactions/interventions with participants in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct in-community visits with program participants daily. Ability to provide evening and weekend coverage.
Case Manager Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required (BSW must have a DC LSWA license)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience OR public health, education or other relevant field may be substituted for two years experience
- Prefer graduate degree in social work (MSW must have a DC LGSW license)
- A strong commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by the ability to communicate complex ideas both in writing and verbally, as well as the ability effectively communicate complex information in a concise manner.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and think strategically, both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to set, manage, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of Washington DC neighborhood navigation
- Experience using HMIS and basic office software
- Knowledge of affordable housing/homelessness programs or workforce development preferred
- Supervision towards LICSW or LPC
- Opportunities to earn CEUs
- PTO (vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement for eligible employees
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.