Case Management Positions: Community Connections seeks energetic, experienced case management professionals to join our anti-poverty mission. We have several positions within the Community Impact Department focused on in-community supportive services for youth (18-24) and veterans, workforce development and homeless in-community outreach. Each position will have to benefit of reporting to an experienced manager and working with dynamic and diverse team on socially impactful issues related to housing and income. New members to the Community Impact team can expect to receive on-the-job training n housing and homelessness support, coordination and intervention practices for adults, veterans and youth (18-24) as well as annual trainings required by the program contract. Team members will have an opportunity to express their views and give suggestions to influence policy related to the services we provide.
CASE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct program intake assessments.
• Coordinate services and resources vital to the success of the individual.
• Document interactions/interventions with participants in a timely and accurate manner.
• Conduct in-community visits with program participants daily.
• Ability to provide evening and weekend coverage.
• Other duties as assigned
CASE MANAGEMENT SKILL SET SOUGHT
• A strong commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
• Excellent communication skills as evidenced by the ability to communicate complex ideas both in writing and verbally, as well as the ability effectively communicate complex information in a concise manner.
• Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and think strategically, both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to set, manage, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Strong knowledge of Washington DC neighborhood navigation
• Experience using HMIS and basic office software
• Knowledge of affordable housing/homelessness programs or workforce development preferred
CASE MANAGEMENT QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree required (BSW must have a license or be license eligible in DC)
• Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
• A graduate degree in social work (MSW must have a license or be license eligible in DC)
public health, education or other relevant field may be substituted for two years’ experience
Community Connections offers and encourages regular opportunities for career development through our compressive in-house training in accord with our CARF accreditation.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.