Summary: The Workforce Development Specialist provides direct services to young adult program participants including outreach, assessment, and coordination and additionally assists with developing the team’s workforce development strategy, representing the team at community level workforce development provider meetings, and provide workforce data from the HMIS for monthly reports. Additional responsibilities include representing the team at external meeting and city events.
- Engagement of consumers referred and accepted for workforce development services, including intake, referral and all follow-along support necessary to link the consumer with job opportunities and secure, stable employment.
- Assessment & Vocational Profile Development of all consumers referred and accepted for services
- Benefits Counseling Support and Guidance: Including helping consumers examine and understand how work may impact benefits they receive such as SSI, SSDI, Medical Assistance and other disability related benefits.
- Treatment Team Coordination
- Community Marketing & Job Development
- Job Coaching and related skill building
- Follow-Along Supports: Time-unlimited supports provided to consumers and their employers including crisis intervention, job counseling/coaching, treatment changes, travel training and job support groups.
- Maintain compliance with all TCP contract requirements
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in social work, psychology or relevant human services discipline.
- Car, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record as much of work is done in the community.
- Candidates must be able to successfully complete the agency’s background check.
- Opportunities to earn CEUs
- PTO (substantive vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement
Please send your current resume and note of interest to Ishan Heru at email@example.com. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.