Community Connections, Inc was founded in Washington DC in 1984 by Helen Bergman, MSW and Maxine Harris, PhD. We started with a mission of promoting recovery with people who are living with mental illness. As Community Connections grew, these two visionaries sought to also support consumers cope with addictions, find housing, and recover from the impacts of trauma and violent victimization. Innovative then and paving the way with cutting edge clinical advancements now, Community Connections passionately continues its core mission “To provide behavioral health, residential services, and primary health care coordination for marginalized and disenfranchised women, men, youth, and children living in the District of Columbia.” At Community Connections, We do this work because We Believe.
Note: All Community Connections employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless Human Resources has approved a medical or religious exemption. All new employees will be required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card or have an exemption request approved by Human Resources prior to starting employment.
Community Connections’ Permanent Supportive Housing Program seeks an Individual Program Manager (Supervisor) with a commitment to preventing homelessness to supervise 6-8 case managers who are working with individuals with a history of chronic homelessness residing in the District of Columbia.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new team members with assistance from the team’s Clinical Specialist and Assistant Director.
- Assisting team members with evaluating and managing crises with families and their children.
- Appraising ongoing performance regularly with staff through weekly supervision, reviewing and offering feedback regarding progress notes, service/treatment plans, and assessments.
- Managing relationships with internal agency stakeholders and external stakeholders such as: Dept of Human Services, PSH Providers, Coordinated Entry, etc.
- MSW or MA in Counseling required
- Licensed as a LGSW DC Board of Social Work or LGPC by the DC Board of Professional Counselors required
- Licensed as a LICSW by the DC Board of Social Work or LPC by the DC Board of Professional Counselors preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in case management, mental health services and direct service delivery required
- Professional knowledge of the theories, principles, techniques, and practices of social service delivery systems required
- Previous supervisory experience either managing a program and/or staff preferred
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Generous paid time off, including sick, vacation, and 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Agency paid Long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development to include supervision hours for those on track for clinical licensure
To apply to this job, please email your resume with “PSH Family Program Manager Application” in the subject line to Adriana Suriano Assistant Director of Supportive Housing at email@example.com
Community Connections is an equal employment opportunity employer.