Community Connections, Inc was founded in Washington DC in 1984 by Helen Bergman, MSW and Maxine Harris, PhD. We started with a mission of promoting recovery with people who are living with mental illness. As Community Connections grew, these two visionaries sought to also support consumers cope with addictions, find housing, and recover from the impacts of trauma and violent victimization. Innovative then and paving the way with cutting edge clinical advancements now, Community Connections passionately continues its core mission “To provide behavioral health, residential services, and primary health care coordination for marginalized and disenfranchised women, men, youth, and children living in the District of Columbia.” At Community Connections, We do this work because We Believe.
Note: All Community Connections employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless Human Resources has approved a medical or religious exemption. All new employees will be required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card or have an exemption request approved by Human Resources prior to starting employment.
Community Connections seeks a Clinical Supervisor for staff who work with adults with serious mental illness who are in early and tenuous phases of stability in the community to support them in developing stronger recovery skills and addressing chronic problems. Under the supervision of the Sr. Clinical Director, the Clinical Supervisor provides leadership, mentoring or supervision, consultation, support, and daily clinical assistance to Community Support Specialists assigned to the team. On average, a team will have 8-10 staff each providing direct services to consumers.
- The Clinical Supervisor is responsible for orientation, training, evaluation, and on-going support of assigned staff
- The Clinical Supervisor monitors and ensures success with Key Performance Indicators.
- The Clinical Supervisor ensures the team meets expectations regarding clinical service hours and timeliness of clinical documentation, supporting staff with crisis intervention, and co-leading joint team meetings with the Chief Clinical Officer.
- The Clinical Supervisor ensures that treatment plans are individually tailored to each consumer, and that services reflect treatment that promotes the maximum recovery of each consumer.
- MSW or MA in Counseling or other related degree required
- LICSW or LPC required
- 3-5 years relevant experience in community behavioral health services required
- Experience completing documentation within strict deadlines
- Outgoing personality and ability to network
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Generous paid time off, including sick, vacation, and 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Agency paid Long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development to include supervision hours for those on track for clinical licensure
To apply to this job, please email your resume with “Clinical Supervisor Application” in the subject line to email@example.com
Community Connections is an equal employment opportunity employer.