The Intake Specialist is responsible for conducting Intake procedures with guests seeking Low Barrier Shelter option at the 801 East Men’s Shelter, which is funded by a grant agreement with the District’s Department of Human Services (DHS). The Intake Specialist typically handles 5 –10 Intakes with guests per shift. The Intake Specialist is a member of the Housing-Focused Case Management Team.
Multiple positions are available:
- Tuesday - Friday – 10p – 6am & Saturday -11p – 7am
- Saturday – Wednesday 10p – 6am
LOW BARRIER SHELTER (LBS) INTAKE
- Conduct LBS Intake procedures including:
- Screen and triage guests through the Intake process
- Complete initial Intake and Assessment with guests
- Fill out all required documentation and provide copies to guests
- Complete and enter accurate information into HMIS within 24hr of service being delivered
IDENTIFY OTHER NEEDS & MAKE APPROPRIATE REFERRALS:
- Identify and address person-centered needs of guests and refer them for additional on-site programs or supportive services (e.g., Housing-Focused Case Management, Day Center, Employment Services, Workbed or Senior/Frailty temporary housing programs, Health Clinic, Recuperative Care, etc) and/or connect with other community resources as indicated (e.g., shelter van service, etc.)
- Consult with Supervisor or the appropriate program liaisons or program leadership on guests’ ADA/reasonable accommodation requests or Language Access requests
- Collaborate with the Shelter Operator to enable smooth experience for guests on orientation, screening, and bed placement in the Low Barrier Shelter
DOCUMENTATION & CARE REVIEW
- Enter accurate, complete, timely, and compliant documentation in required systems e.g., HMIS and other applicable databases.
- Document in HMIS all guest meetings, collateral contacts, referrals, missed meetings, and any other relevant information pertaining to the guest's progress towards housing attainment and supporting goals.
- Participate in obtaining guest/customer/stakeholder input/feedback and routinely review and incorporate information obtained via that process.
- Identify and address risk posed during the provision of Intake procedures. Understand, and report risk assessments to the assigned supervisor.
- Participate in assigned trainings.
- Provide high quality, efficient services that are consistent with the goals and mission of Community Connections and DHS.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in related health, human services, social services or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience working in a related health, human service, or social services field.
- Experience working in homeless services and/or supportive housing required.
- Experience with the “Housing First” model preferred (And experience with Critical Time Intervention, Motivational Interviewing, and Stagewise Case Management also plus)
- Experience working with adults experiencing mental health, substance use, and or trauma preferred
- Experience with non-profit organizations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Note: All Community Connections employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless Human Resources has approved a medical or religious exemption. All new employees will be required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card or have an exemption request approved by Human Resources prior to starting employment.
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Generous paid time off, including sick, vacation, and 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Agency paid Long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development to include supervision hours for those on track for clinical licensure
To apply to this job, please email your resume with “Intake Specialist Application” in the subject line to Tiana.Kelley-Wynn@ccdc1.org
Community Connections is an equal employment opportunity employer.