The Mailroom Admin Clerk provides clerical and administrative support to the Facilities and Mailroom team to maintain an efficient work environment. The Mailroom follow protocols set forth by the Director of Operations and performs support services for staff and the organization as needed. The Mailroom Admin Clerk will be responsible for coordinating various office support services including ordering supplies, basic facilities management, and oversight of mailroom duties and processes.
- Coordinates and maintains the various operations of the mailroom to include:
- Distribution of all incoming and outgoing correspondences including interoffice mail, U.S. and International mail between all Community Connections locations.
- Management of bulk mailings for delivery daily.
- Receipt and distribution of faxes; sort, distribute, and manage mail; maintain inventory of office supplies and orders.
- Responding to Key requests following processes.
- Responds to the “Mailroom Team” email inbox in a timely manner.
- Responds accordingly to all Service Center tickets designated to mailroom through OfficeSpace in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide back-up support to operators by answering calls and providing training on new phone system.
- Maintains Pitney Bowes equipment by completing preventive maintenance; trouble shooting failures, calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter funds.
- Maintains inventory and stock of office supplies and pantry supplies for all locations by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts; stocking items; delivering supplies to workstations and kitchens; reporting issues to vendor while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Executes internal office move requests such as desk, file cabinets, pictures, and furniture. Coordinate any large moves with vendor if request cannot be completed internally.
In addition to role responsibilities, each staff member of Community Connections has the following responsibilities as a part of their employment:
- Models and reinforces Community Connections mission to provide behavioral health, residential services, and primary health care coordination for marginalized and disenfranchised women, men, youth, and children living in the District of Columbia, many of whom are coping with challenges including mental illness, addiction, and the aftermath of trauma and abuse.
- Models and reinforces Community Connections values of quality, innovation, respect, equity, and integrity daily.
- Reinforces Community Connection’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Protects the privacy of our consumer’s protected health information by maintaining compliance with HIPAA and other relevant CC related IT security regulations.
- Completes and stays current on role specific and organizational wide training.
- Performs other duties as assigned on an as-needed basis.
- High School degree or equivalent required
- 2+ years direct experience in Mailroom or Facilities support
- Working knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with all levels of colleagues, clients, and external contacts
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
☐May need to work untraditional work hours such as weekends, evenings, observed holidays, and nights.
☒This is an essential or critical position which will require reporting to a physical work location or making visits to consumers in the community as defined by the business needs of Community Connections, Inc
☐This is a position which may report to work under an office occasional model as defined by the business needs of Community Connections, Inc