Community Connections is a nationally recognized agency and the largest, not for profit, behavioral health services provider in Washington DC. Our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program seeks Team Leaders for our ACT program serving consumers with serious mental illness.
In the ACT model, multi-disciplinary teams work collaboratively serving those who need the highest intensity of services: consumers mental illness with frequent medical and psychiatric hospitalizations, arrests, problems with addiction and episodes of homelessness. The team effort is strong, with morning meetings each day and a collaborative approach to clinical care. With small case loads, clinical staff can work intensively with consumers on the range of independent living skills including coping strategies, relapse prevention, money management, personal care and medication compliance.
ACT Team Leader Responsibilities:
- supervising rehabilitation specialists (RSs) and certified addictions counselors (CACs)
- managing services for the team's consumers
- running daily meetings and triaging and coordinating daily services
- orienting and training new RSs
- ensuring their staff meet key performance indicators and practice to ACT fidelity
ACT Team Leader Qualifications:
- Supervision towards LICSW or LPC
- Opportunities to earn CEUs
- PTO (vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement for eligible employees
Additionally, candidates must have excellent clinical, organizational, communication, and problem solving skills. Candidates must have a reliable vehicle as most of the work is done in the community. Team Leaders will report to Chad Holm, LPC, ACT Director.
To apply, please send your letter of interest and resume directly to the attention of Rebecca Wolfson Berley, LICSW, Chief Human Resources Officer at email@example.com. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.