Community Connections’ Permanent Supportive Housing Program seeks a Program Manager (Supervisor) with a commitment to preventing homelessness to supervise 6-8 case managers who are working with individuals/families with histories of chronic homelessness in site-based locations throughout the District of Columbia.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervisor is responsible for the operations and clinical oversight of the current Veterans and Senior Housing Programs as well as 3 other upcoming site locations. The housing programs provide individuals and families with the services and supports they need to achieve their highest level of self-sufficiency in housing. Supervisor will oversee and develop necessary clinical supports and services throughout all sites to ensure that the services support the goals of housing stability and housing placement (if applicable). The Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations, and overall case management. The Supervisor is responsible for meeting project and contractual goals and obligations. The Supervisor implements operational and programmatic changes as needed; meets reporting and productivity deadlines; maintains complete and accurate records; and, coordinates planning and operations with other government stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work or relevant human services discipline with at least 3 years relevant experience required; Master’s Degree (MSW or MA) preferred.
- Two years of case management experience required.
- MSW or MA in Counseling with DC graduate level professional licensure (DC LGSW OR LGPC)
- Previous supervisory experience either managing a program and/or staff.
- Military experience or previous work with veterans preferred.
- Supervision towards LICSW or LPC and opportunities to earn CEUs (if applicable)
- PTO (substantial vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement for eligible employees
We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply. Interested qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to the attention of Ishan Heru, Chief Impact Officer, at Iheru@ccdc1.org.