Transition Specialist Responsibilities:
- Support young adults facing homelessness in the District with navigating the Coordinated Assessment and Housing Placement (CAHP) processes and protocols.
- Utilize various outreach and in-reach strategies to engage assigned program participants.
- Conduct screenings and assessments consistent with CAHP (e.g., VI-SPDAT, SPDAT).
- Provide housing and income navigation assistance to support program participants with applying for eligible programs and benefits; securing stable, affordable, and safe housing; and establishing sustainable source of income.
- Collaborate with program participants to develop, revise, monitor, and implement the housing stability plan, informed by a Critical Time Intervention approach.
- Liaison with clinical teams, mainstream service providers, and community partners to facilitate appropriate service referrals and foster connections to needed services.
- Ensure documentation necessary for highest quality care and accurate billing is completed on time. One hundred per cent compliance is expected.
Transition Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelors in a relevant field AND a minimum of two years’ experience working with homeless and/or residential services
- Prior experience working with young adults who have experienced vulnerable situations (e.g. housing insecurity, homelessness, poverty, limited networks of support, and addiction caused by mental illness and/or complex trauma); OR prior experience in workforce development, career counseling, or case management.
- Prior experience working with LGBTQ+ people and/or other individuals from historically marginalized communities
- Clinical License in Social Work, Counseling, or Addictions preferred (LGSW/LICSW, LGPC/LPC, or CAC).
- Car, valid driver’s license, and clean driving record as much of work is done in the community.
- Candidates must be able to successfully complete the agency’s background check.
- Opportunities to earn CEUs
- PTO (substantive vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement
Please send your current resume and note of interest to Ishan Heru at email@example.com. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.