Community Connections seeks an energetic, experienced licensed mental health professional (DC LGSW, LGPC, LICSW, or LPC) to join our Permanent Supportive Housing Program.
Clinical Specialist Responsibilities:
- Use relevant theoretical frameworks and evidence-based practices to provide direct services to housing program participants as well as to enhance program staff’s clinical conceptualization and applicable interventions (e.g., working knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, trauma-informed care, motivational interviewing, stage-wise case management, critical time intervention, etc.)
- Support program staff with completing and updating bio-psycho-social assessments in collaboration with program participants
- Support program staff with developing, implementing, and revising service plans (aka treatment plans), including SMART goals in collaboration with program participants
- Support program staff with service planning and documentation of those services that flows from the assessment and service plan
- Provide crisis intervention to program participants and consultation with program staff on complex presentations (e.g., unusual incidents, suspected abuse or neglect, participants who are less engaged or involved with multiple systems, etc.)
- Attend program team meetings, required trainings, one-on-one and provider meetings with DHS and other government stakeholders as assigned
Clinical Specialist Qualifications:
- Required Master’s Degree (MSW or MA) in social work, counseling or relevant human services discipline and corresponding DC License in Social Work or Counseling e.g., LGSW, LGPC, LICSW or LPC).
- At least one year post Master’s experience with vulnerable populations.
- A candidate with prior experience serving adults as well as children and families preferred.
- Opportunities to earn CEUs
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement
We encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply, please send your resume to Ishan Heru at Iheru@ccdc1.org.