Community Support Specialists, as we call them in the Community Support Program at Community Connections, are mental health workers, social workers, and counselors who provide recovery oriented, outcomes based, community focused services to adult consumers with mental illness and substance abuse issues.
Mental Health Worker Responsibilities:
- Provide solution-focused supports at a flexible ratio of ~1:50 clinician to consumer
- Provide community-based services focused on symptom management, overcoming trauma and developing a supportive natural network, relapse prevention, preserving housing, and accessing resources
- Report to team supervisor, who is an LICSW or LPC
Mental Health Worker Qualifications:
- High School Diploma with at least four years relevant experience OR:
- Associates Degree with at least two years relevant experience OR:
- BA/BS Degree.
- Preferred Masters level Social Workers or Counselors with LGSW or LGPC in DC
- One year of community-based relevant experience is preferred
- Strong problem solving and clinical skills
- Independent work habits
- Good writing skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Pass Community Connections’ agency background check
- Have a valid driver’s license, personal car, clean driving record and be comfortable transporting clients in your vehicle (though not during the COVID-19 pandemic)
Mental Health Worker Benefits:
- Supervision towards LICSW or LPC and opportunities to earn CEUs (if applicable)
- PTO (substantial vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement
We encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.