The Homeless Services Program at Community Connections serves vulnerable men and women in the District experiencing homelessness and is funded by a contract with the Department of Human Services (DHS). Members of the team use a housing-first approach and trauma-informed practices to build trust-based and collaborative relationships.
Homeless Outreach Specialist Responsibilities:
- Deliver outreach, in-reach, assessment, navigation, and follow-up housing stabilization services to persons experiencing homelessness,
- Performs SOAR (SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery) related activities to include: outreach, assessment and case management leading to the submission of a completed SSI/SSDI application to the Social Security Administration.
Homeless Outreach Specialist Qualifications:
- BA/BS Degree plus one year of relevant experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and facing homelessness or residing in housing programs
- Demonstrate a commitment to ending homelessness, evidence of effective teaming practices, and appreciation for systems levels issues that impact direct services.
- Ability to regularly work some non-traditional work hours
- Pass DHS and Community Connections’ background checks
- Have a valid driver’s license, personal car, and clean driving record
- PTO (substantial vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement
We encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.