Community Connections seeks a clinician to lead groups in our Day Rehabilitation Services Program, a strengths-based, person-centered, culturally sensitive, and trauma informed program. We focus on skills training and motivation enhancement to support adults with serious mental illness (and co-occurring substance use disorders) in their efforts to change behavior, overcome obstacles, and recover their lives. Our program creates a sense of community where people who have been lonely and isolated can connect with others, develop confidence, and pursue life goals. If you have experience providing group work with adults with serious mental illness, please read on!
During the pandemic our service has been entirely virtual, but we are moving toward a hybrid face to face/telehealth model. The program is very small at this time with one clinician, but we are re-building it with the medium-term goal of hiring more clinicians as our client census grows. We seek a Clinician in Day Rehabilitation Services to anchor this rebuilding effort by running three groups a day, completing associated clinical documentation, and working closely with the Director to expand the service.
Strong candidates will be emotionally mature, energetic, internally motivated, with values for both teamwork and independent responsibility. Group facilitation experience and the desire to build a program are essential.
Mental Health Group Clinician Responsibilities:
- Run three psycho-educational, skill-based groups per day
- Complete associated clinical documentation
- Expand program size with Director
Mental Health Group Clinician Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus two years clinical experience working with adults with serious mental illness
- Strong consumer engagement skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Group work experience (psycho-education and/or skills based)
- High quality and timely clinical documentation skills
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling (with DC LGSW or LGPC)
- PTO (vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
We encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.
To apply please email Jobs@ccdc1.org.