Community Connections, Inc was founded in Washington DC in 1984 by Helen Bergman, MSW and Maxine Harris, PhD. We started with a mission of promoting recovery with people who are living with mental illness. As Community Connections grew, these two visionaries sought to also support consumers cope with addictions, find housing, and recover from the impacts of trauma and violent victimization. Innovative then and paving the way with cutting edge clinical advancements now, Community Connections passionately continues its core mission “To provide behavioral health, residential services, and primary health care coordination for marginalized and disenfranchised women, men, youth, and children living in the District of Columbia.” At Community Connections, We do this work because We Believe.
Note: All Community Connections employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless Human Resources has approved a medical or religious exemption. All new employees will be required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card or have an exemption request approved by Human Resources prior to starting employment.
If you are passionate about working with formerly homeless individuals, this is an opportunity to join our scatter-site Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) team. We provide services mostly in the home and in the community with individuals are currently and/or formerly homeless.
- Provide case management services to formerly homeless individuals.
- Assist clients in acquiring skills and resources necessary for successful community living.
- Implementing the Individual Recovery Plan
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Six years of case management experience with homeless individuals/families and/or doing field/community work required without advanced degree; at least two years of case management experience required with BA degree
- Independent work habits
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Have a valid driver’s license, personal car, clean driving record and be comfortable transporting clients in your vehicle (though not during the COVID-19 pandemic)
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Generous paid time off, including sick, vacation, and 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Agency paid Long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development to include supervision hours for those on track for clinical licensure
To apply to this job, please email your resume with “Housing Case Manager Application” in the subject line to Adriana Suriano, Director of Supportive Housing at Asuriano@ccdc1.org
Community Connections is an equal employment opportunity employer.