Behavioral Health Workers and Clinicians develop strong, trauma-informed relationships with clients who would otherwise be at the furthest margins of society. With a holistic trust-based approach, you will assist clients with problems related to psychiatric symptoms, homelessness, addiction, legal issues, physical health, and perhaps most importantly, relationships.
We have openings within our Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Community Support (CSP) teams. These teams are staffed by behavioral health workers, social workers, and counselors who provide recovery oriented, outcomes based, community focused services to adult consumers with mental illness and substance abuse issues.
- Manage a caseload of adult consumers
- Provide community-based services focused on symptom management, overcoming trauma, and accessing resources
- Reports to team supervisor, who is an LICSW or LPC
- High School Diploma with at least four years relevant experience OR;
- Associates Degree with at least two years relevant experience OR;
- BA/BS Degree
- Master’s degree with Master level Social Workers or Counselors with LGSW or LGPC in DC preferred
- One year of community-based relevant experience is preferred
- Strong problem solving and clinical skills
- Appreciation for street outreach and office-based clinical interventions
- Independent work habits
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Have a valid driver’s license, personal car, clean driving record and be comfortable transporting clients in your vehicle (though not during the COVID-19 pandemic)
Note: All Community Connections employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless Human Resources has approved a medical or religious exemption. All new employees will be required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card or have an exemption request approved by Human Resources prior to starting employment.
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Generous paid time off, including sick, vacation, and 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Agency paid Long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development to include supervision hours for those on track for clinical licensure
To apply to this job, please email your resume with “Behavioral Health & Clinicians Application” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Connections is an equal employment opportunity employer.