The Care Coordinator is responsible for delivering, integrating, and coordinating supportive services for assigned individuals at the 801 East Men’s Shelter, which is funded by a grant agreement with the District’s Department of Human Services (DHS). Focusing on the intersection of healthcare and social/behavioral/housing supports, the Care Coordinator works with multiple systems of care, both inside the shelter (e.g., between Day Center, Housing Focused Case Management, Employment Services, Low Barrier Shelter, Work bed, Senior/Frailty, Recuperative Care, and Health Clinic) and with outside providers (e.g., medical specialists, hospitals, behavioral health providers, etc.). The goal is facilitation of integrated, whole-person care. The Assistant Program Director fields requests and referrals from staff working across the other on-site programs and supports the Care Coordinator with developing a rotating caseload of ~25-30 guests with high priority presenting situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related health, human services, social services, nursing, or equivalent required; Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Public Health, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ professional experience working in a related health, human service, or social services field required
- Experience working in homeless services and/or supportive housing required
- Experience with the “Housing First” model preferred (And experiencing with Critical Time Intervention, Motivational Interviewing, and Stagewise Case Management also a plus)
- Experience working with adults experiencing mental health, substance use, and or trauma preferred
- Experience with non-profit organizations a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Note: All Community Connections employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless Human Resources has approved a medical or religious exemption. All new employees will be required to present a COVID-19 vaccination card or have an exemption request approved by Human Resources prior to starting employment.
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- Generous paid time off, including sick, vacation, and 9 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
- Agency paid Long-term disability and life insurance
- Employee paid Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development to include supervision hours for those on track for clinical licensure
To apply to this job, please email your resume with “Care Coordinator Application” in the subject line to email@example.com
Community Connections is an equal employment opportunity employer.