Since its founding in 1984, Community Connections has been committed to innovative and compassionate mental health services, addiction treatment, and residential care for the District of Columbia's most vulnerable citizens.
The Employee Relations Manager helps supervisors and other employees effectively resolve human resources issues. Responsibilities include:
• Provides day-to-day performance employee management and relations guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions), advises and assists managers in identifying issues and determining appropriate course of action;
• Interprets and applies company policies and practices as well as federal, state and local employment laws;
• Provides training to management staff on HR issues to enhance managerial effectiveness and minimize risk;
• Conducts objective investigations in response to grievances and complaints;
• Administers Talent Management Module within Ultipro HR & Payroll system;
• Writes job descriptions;
• Develops and updates HR policies and procedures;
• Manages and responds to unemployment claims; appears at hearings.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human resource management or related field.
• Minimum of seven (7) years experience in HR or related field, at least three (3) of which are in Employee Relations primarily.
• Experience in non-profit or health care organizations.
• Knowledgeable of all state, federal and local laws pertaining to employment.
• Knowledgeable of immigration laws and processes.
• SHRM-CP or SCP preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Wolfson Berley, LICSW at: firstname.lastname@example.org