Monday, 04 December, 2017
Family Peer Integration Specialist
Family Peer Integration Specialists will utilize their lived experience to engage families and children in behavioral health and trauma recovery services. Primary responsibilities include:
- Welcome and orient prospective participants to the programs
- Conduct outreach to establish ongoing relationships with clients, community service providers, and Community Connections specialty teams
- Advocate for families during Family Team Meetings
- Assist in developing, implementing, and tracking family integration activities
- Collaborate with Clinical Integration Specialists for maximally integrated treatment provision
- Attend program trainings and staff meetings
- Parent/Primary Caregiver who is comfortable self-disclosing their family’s experience with mental illness, addiction, and/or inter-generational trauma.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; BA preferred
- Excellent outreach, communication, and collaboration skills
- Family Peer Certification (DC DBH) preferred
- Previous experience as a peer-to-peer service provider preferred
- Experience working with families, children, and clinicians
Candidates should apply by sending their resume and a note of interest to Kylie Brock at firstname.lastname@example.org.