The Nurse Care Manager is an RN who is provides leadership within the Health Home team and is primarily responsible for coordinating consumer care with external healthcare providers and championing wellness and healthy lifestyle initiatives. In collaboration with Care Coordinators and a Primary Care Liaison, the Nurse Care Manager works to integrate mental and physical health care for adults with serious mental illness and significant health concerns.
- Comprehensive care coordination
- Health promotion
- Comprehensive transition care from inpatient settings
This position is primarily office-based within a community behavioral health center with on-site access to primary care services. Full time hours are weekdays 8:30am-5:00pm with no on-call nor weekend responsibilities; Part-time weekday hours available as well.
- Must be a licensed RN in the District of Columbia.
- Previous experience in primary care, mental health, or emergency medical setting is preferred.
- Exhibits leadership skills and is eager to proactively strengthen the team’s service provision to a vulnerable population.
Benefits for Full Time Employees (part-time employees receive some benefits as well)
- PTO (vacation/sick/holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement for eligible employees
To apply please send your resume and note of interest to Rebecca Wolfson Berley, Chief Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com and indicate you are an RN in the subject line of the email. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply. Thank you.