Community Connections seeks Certified Addiction Counselors (CACIs or CACIIs) to provide addictions-focused services with adults dually diagnosed with both serious mental illness and substance use disorders who are served within our Assertive Community Treatment Program (ACT). The CAC will provide individual and group rehabilitation services to consumers within a multi-disciplinary team approach with small caseloads to meet the needs of adults who experience multiple problems such as frequent medical and psychiatric hospitalizations, addiction, arrests, and episodes of homelessness. The CAC will consult to the ACT team on recognizing symptoms of substance use disorder, organizing stage based treatment, and promoting highly individualized, community based recovery strategies.
- Consult to the ACT team on recognizing symptoms of substance use disorder, organizing stage based treatment, and promoting highly individualized, community based recovery strategies.
- Provide addictions-focused services with adults dually diagnosed with serious mental illness and substance use disorders
- Provide individual and group rehabilitation services to consumers
- Requires CACI or CACDII
- One or more years of behavioral health experience preferred
- Strong clinical skills and independent work habits
- Good writing skills
- Pass Community Connections’ agency background check
- Have a personal car, clean driving record, and be comfortable transporting clients in your vehicle
- PTO (vacation, sick, and holidays)
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate 403(b), with employer contribution after two years of employment
- Credit union and banking partners including M&T Bank and State Employees Credit Union of Maryland
- Educational assistance after one year of employment
- Professional and leadership development
- Pre-tax Metro cost
- Mileage reimbursement for eligible employees
To apply, please send your resume and letter of interest to Rebecca Wolfson Berley, LICSW, at email@example.com. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.