Community Connections Outpatient Addiction Services (OAS) is an ARC/DBH approved substance use treatment provider. Recognizing the complexity of addiction, OAS utilizes Community Connections' expertise in mental health and trauma recovery to provide sophisticated clinical services geared toward empowering clients. Clients are able to discover the roots of their substance addiction and how they can attain sustained recovery to meet their goals. Addiction and recovery are not just about a substance, but about a complex person with multiple concerns including the impact of mental health symptoms, developmental traumas, family relationships, environmental factors, and other obstacles to recovery. OAS incorporates a holistic approach to recovery. We teach relapse prevention skills, emphasize lifestyle modifications, and encourage network and family involvement. OAS provides person-centered and curriculum-based treatment and a diverse staff that brings a wide range of life experience, work experience, and education to the recovery process.
- Recovery from Trauma
- Cravings, Highs, and Chemical Dependency
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Addiction Runs in the Family
- Learning to Love Yourself
- Stress Reduction and Soothing
- Values, Goals, and Meaning
- Building Healthy Relationships and Supportive Networks
- Coping Skills
- Finding Motivation
- Learning Your Triggers
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessments
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Individual Addictions Counseling
- Group Addictions Counseling
- Group Psychoeducation
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Clinical Care Coordination
Interested in Enrolling?
To get authorized for treatment, obtain a referral by visiting the DBH Assessment and Referral Center (ARC), located at 75 P Street NE, Washington, DC 20002 (at the intersection of Florida Ave & P Street – look for the blue awning). No appointment is necessary. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The ARC’s phone number is 202.727.8473.
After getting your referral, contact OAS for an intake appointment at 202.528.6900.
Begin receiving services and start your recovery journey!
- Washington D.C. Resident
- DC Medicaid (Amerihealth, Trusted, MedStar)
- At least 18 years old